Create new neural signatures for your clients! Start discovering Books Neural Therapy™ by selecting categories at the right side bar menu. When you see a lock image that means the content can only be accessed by registering for the Professional Books Neural Therapy trainings. Register for classes by clicking here.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM BNT?
Invisible, neurological issues can keep people of any age from performing and feeling at their best. Although BNT is known for its success with learning and behavior issues, the truth is many chronic health issues deserve this thorough and holistic approach. Many times if one family member needs help, other family member might also benefit from care.
Clues that you, or someone you may know or love, might have a learning difference:
- Difficulty with reading, writing or math
- Delayed auditory Response (frequently asks to repeat a word or phrase)
- Poor sense of direction (confuses right and left)
- Inability to concentrate when studying or playing
- Poor motor skills (clumsy/accident prone)
- Lack of focus; daydreams a lot
- Inability to comprehend and retain reading material
- Problems carrying out multiple instructions
- Eye-hand coordination problems (handwriting, depth perception, etc.)
- Confuses or reverses instructions
- Difficulty making decisions
- Low self-esteem and distorted self-image.
A learning difference can manifest itself in various ways, often escaping detection because of the variety of symptoms. It can account for a bright child or adult not performing as well as expected.
How does BNT benefit everyone?
Having your nervous system cleared of blockages frees up your whole being to perform and feel your best.
HOW IS BOOKS NEURAL THERAPY ™ DIFFERENT? How Does It Work?
Neuroscientist and author Dr. Joe Dispenza, speaking with Dr. Books, explains how the brain changes through the repeated stimulation of gentle touch on key areas trademarked in Books Neural Therapy™ methods.
We offer a unique and comprehensive program that starts with the very foundation of the learning process –the body itself. Our brain and our body develop in stages. Books Neural Therapy ™ follows those natural stages. We learn long before we start school. All the neurological processing and developmental stages must be in order for reading and other learning to develop with ease. Foundations need to be built in stages so they are strong and resilient. By addressing the various stages of neurological development and correcting any weaknesses, Books Neural Therapy ™ helps “upgrade” the entire system; thus increasing efficiency and reducing wear and tear on the whole person. Human beings are complex. Addressing a problem from only one viewpoint often corrects only part of the problem. Books Neural Therapy ™ utilizes a wide range of therapies including the latest advances in neuroscience as well as common sense and natural, non-drug methods of enhancing learning, coordination and self-esteem. Our goal is not compensation (treating learning differences as a permanent condition you must learn to live with), but rehabilitation. We work towards a permanent correction of the problem. Contrary to popular belief, learning differences can be temporary conditions that are treatable.
OUR APPROACH IS DRUGLESS.
WHAT EXACTLY WILL YOU DO?
- First, a thorough examination and testing is performed. No two people are exactly alike, and the severity and range of issues require a tailor-made program for each person.
- Second, as actual treatment begins, the body is gently repositioned and light acupressure is applied to key points so the nervous system can perform one of its basic functions –holding the head and body upright. Walking becomes more coordinated and posture improves; right and left hemispheres of the brain begin to communicate with each other as intended.
- Third, the cranial bones are realigned since malposition of these bones in the head can cause disorganization in the central nervous system. This is especially important after head trauma, whiplash or accidents to the head or tailbone.
- Fourth, the jaw joint (TMJ) is addressed. An imbalance in jaw muscles can pull the skull bones out of their normal position and cause abnormal pressure on the central nervous system. This causes perceptual problems associated with learning differences.
- Fifth, eye tracking, which refers to the coordination of the eye muscles when reading and writing as well as for balance and orientation, is evaluated and corrected. Reading, speech, comprehension and overall academic performance often improve dramatically after this section.
- Sixth, individualized corrections and strategies are implemented for reading, writing, math, spelling, memory and auditory processing. Emotional clearing, developing new habits, learning strategies and exercises to do at home are implemented.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Typically, Dr. Books and her team see clients for about 18-20 sessions (two 30-minute sessions per week) over two to three months during THE INTENSIVE PHASE. The INTEGRATION PHASE follows with once a month or quarterly sessions for the remainder of the year. Because many people fly in from long distances, we also offer a fast track, five-day version of Books Neural Therapy™, better known as NEURO BOOTCAMP with multiple sessions per day followed by quarterly re-evaluations. Once the initial phase (The Intensive Phase) is complete, the corrections hold. That is one of the most exciting things about this process. The initial treatment takes approximately three months, and the effects last forever. Follow up care integrates growth spurts, hormone changes in children and offers “tunes ups” and tweaking to the adults.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER SESSIONS?
- After completing the entire series of sessions: In order to ensure the reversal treatments “hold” and you or your child continue to reverse the challenges completely, it’s important that he or she execute the year long follow up exercise program. Quarterly tune-up appointments are helpful. The parent will be responsible for completing very simple but important reports that help us determine where we can best support your child’s continued success. The parent will also be responsible for delivering and collecting a very simple but important report from the child’s teachers on a semester basis. Again, this is crucial feedback that will allow us to best support you and your child. All of this will be explained in detail and all questions answered during our intensive work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. Scroll below see three perspectives: One from our educational consultant, one from a parent, and one from office staff.
2. Following that learn about “Brainercises” — the daily exercises to be used regularly during BNT and after the process. Click HERE to learn how to do the Brainercises
Books Neural Therapy™, the gentle, hands-on, non-invasive, no drug therapy that “re-wires” the nervous system and repairs communication breakdowns between the brain and body, creates the foundation of the house. For a house to weather storms and growing pains, it needs a strong and resilient structure, which is exactly what BNT provides. The nervous system is a bit like the electrical system. Actually, there are many systems in your house that need to be included in a certain order to avoid long term pitfalls. BNT helps build a strong, secure and resilient structure and a sound mind, hence out motto: “a sound mind in a sound body”
Brainercises are a series of fun, simple body coordination movements and are used to support the work of BNT.
Books Neural Therapy™ is performed in a three level, sequence somewhat like the construction of a house. Level One is the foundation of the house, Level 2 deals with the upper floors and Level 3 is the roof that seals it all in. The Brainercises are like the floor beams and cross beams keeping the structure strong – supported by the foundation and re-enforcing the strength of the walls and roof. In neuroscience terms, they fill in the vacancies and support the new neural pathways. With repetition, the new pathways allow information to flow faster and faster through the brain and body.
We can also liken the role of Brainercises with BNT to learning a new dance. BNT is the teaching of the new basic steps and Brainercises are the dimensional challenges that can be applied to those steps: Can you dance with your eyes closed, or can you dance without looking at your partner, or can you dance faster or slower? The Brainercises variations support and challenge the new pathways that are being created and encourage them to hold these new patterns while assimilating new stimuli specific to brain balancing.
Kathy Balcer, the Educational Consultant at Books Family Health Center says, “The parents and I have noticed that when the children practice the Brainercises, their results show up more quickly. When parents do the Brainercises with their kids, the parents come back smiling saying that they themselves notice more balance and a sense of calm energy.”
The Brainercises are demonstrated first with the client at the Center, and then the clients are given a DVD of the Brainercises so they can be easily guided through the sequence at home.
“Two students (clients) were reticent at first about doing the exercises, but then saw after two 15 minute sessions at the office, they were more balanced and found the exercises more fun and so began doing them at home on their own. Their consistent practice at Brainercises gave them a greater feeling of happiness that even their parents noticed the change!” says Kathy.
The Center’s office manager reported after doing them, “After only one and a half weeks, I have noticed that my balance has improved and my concentration is better.”
Along with the 6 brain enhancing exercises which include The Cross Crawl, Up and Over, The Balance Beam, The Infinity, Hopping and The Clock, patients of BNT also keep a journal – writing every day to monitor improved penmanship and thought structure; they follow a sugar free diet – sugar prevents the sphenoid bone realignments from holding; and they drink lots of water – dehydration prevents realignments from holding, and it causes unreliable results in muscle testing.
So, do your Brainercises for a more balanced brain-body! Click HERE to learn how to do the Brainercises