Take this simple quiz to see if you or a family member shows signs of dyslexia.
1. Do you confuse right and left? Or get lost easily?
2. Do you ask people to repeat themselves a lot?
3. Do you have trouble carrying out multiple instructions?
4. Do you have any eye-hand coordination problems
(handwriting, depth perception, catching a ball)
5. Do you have difficulty making decisions?
6. Do you have low self-esteem?
7. Do have difficulty with reading, writing or math?
8. Do you have poor motor skills (clumsy or accident prone)
9. Do you confuse or reverse instructions?
10. Do you have difficulty comprehending and retaining reading material?
If you score 2 or fewer: Breathe a sigh of relief!
If you score 3-4: Please ask someone else to check you. (Sometimes we miss the obvious and someone else can see more clearly. For more information, check Dr. Books’ blog regularly.
If you score 5 or higher: Run, don’t walk for help. Mention this quiz for a free consultation with Dr. Books at 512-331-0668.
Call me at 512-331-0668 for a complimentary
“Dyslexia Freedom Strategy Session.”
Many people coming for help also report mild to extreme discomfort in the areas below:
- Reading (e.g. slowly, eye wanders, eyes get tired quickly, etc.)
- Remembering what you read
- Seeing colors (color blindness; seeing colors more vividly in one eye)
- Sports/motor coordination (e.g. running, throwing a ball)
- Clumsy or accident prone
- Being rebellious/class clown/withdrawn
- Following instructions
- Following multiple instructions given at one time
- Reversing numbers or letters
- Self esteem
- Remembering to turn in assignments
- Completing assignments/tasks
- Saying what you really mean
- Getting lost easily
- Confusing left and right
- Getting along with other children
- Getting along with other adults
- Getting along with authority figures (teachers, bosses, etc.)
- Stuttering (now or in the past)
- Inconsistency in academic tests and achievements
- Frequently ask someone to repeat what they just said
- Have you ever fallen on your head or your tail bone?
I can help you! Contact me at 512-331 -0668